‘We’, ‘Our’ and ‘Us’ means NERC EDS throughout these terms.
‘You’ and ‘Your(s)’ means any user of the NERC EDS web pages is website
All information provided by the Natural Environment Research Council (as part of the United Kingdom Research Institute (UKRI)) (NERC) Environmental Data Service (EDS) on its web pages is made available to provide immediate access for the convenience of interested persons.
We may amend these terms from time to time. Every time You wish to use this website, please check these terms to ensure You are aware of and understand the terms that apply at that time. While NERC EDS believes the information provided here to be reliable, NERC EDS does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or correct sequencing of the information, nor the availability of all or any part of the web pages, Neither NERC EDS nor any of the sources of the information shall be responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the use of or results obtained from the use of this information.
The names, images and logos identifying NERC EDS, NERC or UKRI are subject to copyright. Copying of our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed via this website is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
Requests for permission to use our logo should be directed to NERC EDS.
Except as permitted for academic, personal or other non-commercial purposes, users must not reprint or electronically reproduce from the NERC EDS website any document, graphic or image in whole or in part without the prior written permission of UKRI.
Information on this site is:
- general information provided as part of NERC's statutory role in publicising its activities and disseminating of information relating to its organisation
- subject to the usual uncertainties of research
- subject to change without notice
- not to be relied on as the basis for doing or failing to do something.
Links to and from this site are:
- not endorsed by NERC EDS
- for convenience only and do not mean that NERC EDS endorses, controls or approves those other sites, their content, resources or the people who run them
- for the internet user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information found at sites linked from this website
You may not use the website or any information it contains in any way that:
- disrupts the normal working of the website
- infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy in any way
- is illegal or otherwise unlawful
- has not been requested, including unsolicited bulk email or spamming
- is libellous, abusive, menacing or offensive or may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person
- is obscene, vulgar, pornographic or is otherwise against public policy
- facilitates the transmission of any virus or other material that could potentially damage the website, and any computers or internet services that are connected to it.
- brings NERC EDS or UKRI into disrepute.
You must not break security, tamper with, interfere, hack into, or otherwise disrupt this website or any computer system, server, website, router, or any other device connected with this website.
If we become aware of any violation of these terms, we reserve the right to take action to stop the violation. This may include removing information, removing access, suspending or removing a user, and/or providing relevant information to external bodies where required by law or regulation.
We have no obligation to monitor or censor any information that users store within, or transmit through, the website. We are not responsible and hold no liability for any loss, injury, damage, or offence that results from such storage and transmission of information.
Privacy and cookies
If you wish to complain about any information found on this website then please contact us.
If you have any queries about these terms and conditions, please contact us.